11:58 PM

Cigarini aims for Europe

Posted by the phenomenon


Italy u-21 international Luca Cigarini will complete a move from Atalanta to Napoli in the coming week.

Cigarini, one of the most promising players at the recent European Under-21 championships in Sweden, said he is very excited to move to Napoli, and told Radio Goal that the club would certainly be aiming high next season.

"I am very happy to be playing for Napoli next season," Cigarini claimed.

"My expectations? I hope we gain a place in Europe. I don't know if we'll manage the top four, but I want to be with a strong club in Europe."

Cigarini was expected to move to Napoli weeks ago, but explained that he wanted to focus on the European u-21 championships and so the deal was not completed.

‘I laugh when people say I have refused a move to Naples. I don't know who says these things, but they are obviously wrong," the midfielder insisted.

"I had an important engagement with the Azzurrini at the European championships and asked my club to let me concentrate on the event. "

Cigarini will be the latest addition to a Napoli squad that is looking to challenge next year, and have been very active in the transfer market.

Napoli have already signed Fabio Quagliarella and Hugo Campagnaro, while reportedly being close to completing moves for Juan Zuniga, Julio Cruz and Morgan de Sanctis, among others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment