12:02 AM

Seedorf rejects Ajax return

Posted by the phenomenon


Ajax coach Martin Jol has failed in an attempt to persuade Clarence Seedorf to return to the club.

The 33-year-old was approached by Jol last week, but told the former Tottenham boss he was not ready to return to Holland.

Jol told Voetbal International: "We have a group of players with a lot of youngsters in it.

"Seedorf has bags of experience and footballing qualities. Together with his positive attitude, he could have meant a lot to my youthful team.

"Clarence made clear to me that he isn't done yet abroad. It's a pity."

Seedorf, who played 65 games for Ajax, left Holland in 1995 to play in Spain and later Italy.

He said: "Ajax will always be a special club for me, but I left Holland years ago and I'm not done yet abroad.

"My contract at Milan runs for another two seasons. Martin Jol isn't the problem - he looks to me to be a interesting coach to work under. I wish him and Ajax the best.

"We've agreed that we will keep in contact. Who knows what the future will bring?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment