6:57 PM

Guiza Keen on Valencia Move

Posted by the phenomenon

Dani Guiza is hoping Carlos Marchena can put in a good word for him at Valencia as he searches for a return to La Liga.

Guiza followed his Euro 2008-winning coach Luis Aragones to Fener last summer after a memorable first season at Real Mallorca, where he scored 27 goals during the 2007/08 campaign to finish as the leading scorer in the Primera Division.

After only one season in Turkey though, the 28-year-old admits he is already thinking about going back to his homeland and he is looking at Valencia - who could be on the look out for a striker if David Villa leaves - as a possible destination.

"I would like to return to play in Spain," Guiza said in Spanish newspaper AS.

"I'll see if my mate Marchena can give me a little hand to play at Valencia."

Guiza was speaking after coming off the bench and scoring two late goals to help Spain finish their Confederations Cup campaign with a 3-2 win over South Africa.

That was only Guiza's second appearance in the tournament, but he made sure he made the most of the opportunity to impress both coach Vicente del Bosque and any watching La Liga scouts.

"I work hard to have minutes and I've had the fortune to score two goals," he added. "It's not easy to get into the national team, and I must thank the coach."

0 comments:

Post a Comment